- Pick a hike, any hike! Whether you prefer scaling mountains or having a leisurely coastal stroll, there are tons of trails for hikers of all levels. For a lovely 2hr+ hike that essentially hugs the coast, start in Playa Paraiso and work your way to Costa Adeje. The trail is not marked but maintains a continuous dirt road as it leads you through quaint fishing villages and beautiful untouched beaches.
- Spend an afternoon at the man-made beach of Playa de Las Teresitas. Only 20 minutes by bus from the island's capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife, what makes this beach so special is the warm golden sand imported straight from the Sahara!
- Ride a cable car up to Teide, Spain's highest mountain.
- Base yourself in the southern part of the island, unless you're looking to take a trip to Little England at an all inclusive resort.
- Stay in San Cristobl de la Laguna.
Between the gorgeous year-round subtropical weather, the exceptional hiking trails and coastal walks, and one of the most laid-back lifestyles known to man, it's no wonder the volcanic island of Tenerife is the most visited island in the Canaries. Home to Spain's tallest mountain and numerous beaches of all colours, the diverse nature found on the island is what makes Tenerife's landscape so picturesque and dramatic. With much of the island remaining relatively untouched, it's a wanderer's dream and a paradise for those looking to disconnect.
For ferry information between the islands, visit Direct Ferries